If you own a home and have an interest rate in the 5% range, it could be worth while to check with a local mortgage originator to see if refinancing makes sense for your personal scenario.
Here are some things to consider:
- Most mortgages are full doc now. You need to be able to show your income.
- Conventional mortgages may allow expanded loan-to-values with the HARP program (home affordable refinance).
- If your original conventional mortgage has an 80% loan to value and you're upside down now, you may qualify for programs without private mortgage insurance at today's low rates.
- FHA and VA streamline refinances are available without appraisals.
- Minimum credit score of 620 with Mortgage Master Service Corporation.
- Refinances available for owner occupied, investment and vacation homes.
- Refinances can be used to reduce your interest rate, reduce your mortgage term, consolidate mortgages or pay off debts.
Not everyone situation qualifies for a refinance, but you won't know unless you take a few moments to check it out. Why not see if you can put some extra cash into your monthly budget? If your property is located in Washington State, I'm happy to provide a rate quote at no obligation to you. You can also see what rate's I'm quoting live by following me on Twitter (you can unfollow me anytime).