In honor of Labor Day, Mortgage Master is closed today. We will re-open for business as usual on Tuesday, September 4, 2007.
Enjoy your day off celebrating the "working man"! This Labor Day, I think we’ll be grilling up some Turkey Burgers…hey they’re not that bad! In fact, they’re darn good.
Here’s my recipe:
- Ground Turkey
- Sauted onions and garlic (cool before mixing) in olive oil
- Bread crumbs (add enough so that you can form patties, but not too much where it’s dry)
- Dash of basil, oregano, salt and pepper (I like smoked sea salts, but regular sea salt will do).
- If you’re making chipolte sauce (recipe follows) add a little bit of the sauce from the chipolte can or add a little bbq sauce.
Form patties and grill until cooked through. This is turkey, not beef, so you do want these burgers cooked through. I like to top mine with slices of pepperjack cheese, lettuce, tomatoe and grilled onions and with Chipolte Sauce (recipe follows).
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. sweet onions or green onions
- 2 T. dill
- 1 T. minced canned chipoltes (these are hot and smokey)
- 1 T. capers drained.
Mix it up and put it in the fridge until you’re ready to use with your Turkey Burger. BTW, this is awesome with fries!