My friend and colleague, Marian York, recently shared a gift with me that I would like to in turn, share with you. Marian is the Author of "The Loving Dictionary" (her book is linked below), she is a renown speaker and is the founder of The WORDpower Institute NW.
The following is Marian’s December WORDpower Tip, although Christmas was yesterday, I think this is appropriate all year long:
The 12 Gifts of Christmas
Here are twelve special gifts you can share with the people in your life! They don’t cost anything and come in every size, shape and color!
1) The Gift of Patience…Take a deep breath and count to 10 before responding.
2) The Gift of Understanding…What unfulfilled need for love, respect or kindness might lie beneath their behavior?
3) The Gift of Support…What’s one small thing I could do to make their life easier?
4) The Gift of Appreciation…How have they contributed to my life or to the lives of others?
5) The Gift of Communication…When was the last time I "told" them how much I appreciate them?
6) The Gift of Thoughtfulness…What makes them feel really happy, valued or safe?
7) The Gift of Forgiveness…Was their oversight or mistake really worth the loss of the relationship or friendship?
8) The Gift of Interest…How much do I know about this person? Or listen to them?
9) The Gift of Acceptance…Can I see their warts in perspective to all of their good points?
10) The Gift of Trust…Do I say what I mean and do what I say?
11) The Gift of Mastery…How can I use my skills and talents to enrich their lives?
12) The Gift of Humor…What could I say or do to put a smile on their heart today?
I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday and a peaceful, healthy and happy New Year.