This week, it’s safe to say that all eyes and ears will be on the Fed as they wrap up their meeting this Wednesday. If they indicate they will pull back on their support of keeping mortgage rates low, then expect to see rates trend higher. We’ll know more on Wednesday! With many traders on vacation during the holiday season, we can also anticipate that the markets may be more volatile than they would typically be.
Here is a list of the scheduled economic indicators that may impact mortgage rates this week:
- Monday, December 16: Productivity and Empire State Index
- Tuesday, December 17: Consumer Price Index (CPI) and Housing Market Index
- Wednesday, December 18: FOMC Meeting; Building Permits and Housing Starts
- Thursday, December 19: Initial Jobless Claims; Philadelphia Fed Index and Existing Home Sales
- Friday, December 20: Gross Domestic Product
If you are buying or refinancing a home located anywhere in Washington state, where I’m licensed, I am HAPPY to help you!