FHA insured mortgages are not just for first time home buyers anymore. With less reserve requirements for when you’re converting an existing home into a rental property, I’m seeing many “move-up” buyers opt for FHA financing and first time home buyers using FHA in order to buy 2-4 plex home with minimum down payment.
Homeowners who currently have FHA financing may qualify for an FHA streamlined refinance mortgage, which does not require an appraisal.
Want to know more about FHA mortgages? Check out my articles on FHA loans.
- Minimum down payment
- Loan amounts up to $517,500 for King, Pierce and Snohomish counties (please see complete list of loan limits at bottom of this web page).
- Minimum credit scores of 640 (current guidelines for Mortgage Master Service Corporation)
- Upfront and monthly mortgage insurance
- Mortgage may be assumable to qualified buyer in the future
- Owner occupied only for purchases.
- Investment property refi’s are allowed with FHA steamlined refi (property bought as owner occupied and later converted to a rental property).
- 1 – 4 unit homes
- 203k Rehab loans available providing “all in one” financing to improve or repair existing homes.
- Down payment assistance and grant programs available.
Would you like a rate quote for an FHA mortgage on a home located in Washington state? I have been originating FHA mortgages at Mortgage Master Service Corporation, where we have FHA in-house underwriting, since April 2000 and I’m happy to help you! Click here for a rate quote.
Last updated: January 7, 2015