I apologize for not getting this post done yesterday as I typically do. Last week, I was in Nashville attending the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Independent Mortgage Bankers Conference. It wrapped up on Friday which gave us some time to visit with my son who currently lives there. Our flight home Sunday afternoon was cancelled, which meant my sister-in-law and I had the pleasure of spending most of yesterday on flights to get back home to Seattle. Just for fun, I thought I’d share a pic I took of Minnie Pearl’s hat and shoes, which are on display at the Ryman Auditorium, home of the original Grand Ole Opry.
Back to work! 🙂
This week is light on economic indicators that may impact the direction of mortgage interest rates.
- Thursday, December 10: Initial Jobless Claims
- Friday, December 11: Retail Sales; Producer Price Index (PPI); Consumer Sentiment Index (UoM)
Mortgage rates are very slightly improved compared to last week’s mortgage rate post. As I write this, 10:00 am on December 8, 2015, I’m quoting:
EDITORS NOTE: Rates quoted below are expired and no longer valid. For current rates for your Washington home, please click here.
- 30 year fixed: 3.875% (apr 4.041%) priced with 1.263 points with p&i (principal and interest) of $1,880.95.
- 30 year fixed: 4.000% (apr 4.096%) priced with 0.418 points with p&i of $1,909.66.
- 20 year fixed: 3.625% (apr 3.845%) priced with 0.602 points with p&i of $2,345.61.
- 15 year fixed: 3.125% (apr 3.391%) priced with 1.123 points with p&i of $2,786.44.
Rates quoted above are based on a purchase in the greater Seattle – King County area with a sales price of $500,000, 20% down payment and a conventional loan amount of $400,000. The home buyers have excellent credit with credit scores of 740 or higher and the transaction is closing by January 15, 2016 or sooner.
Rates quoted are subject to credit approval and may change at any time. Payments quoted above do not include property taxes or insurance and are principal and interest only. This is just a small sample of the mortgage rates and programs that I have available. If you would like me to provide you with a mortgage rate quote for your home purchase or refinance on your home located anywhere in Washington state, please click here.