Here are some of the economic indicators that are scheduled to be released this week:
- Monday, May 18: Housing Market Index.
- Tuesday, May 19: Housing Permits; Housing Starts
- Thursday, May 21: Initial Jobless Claims; Philadelphia Fed Index; Existing Home Sales
- Friday, May 22: Consumer Price Index (CPI)
Monday, May 25: Happy Memorial Day! Mortgage Master Service Corporation is closed as are banks, recording offices and other federal offices.
Mortgage rates are pretty much the same as what I quoted on last Monday’s mortgage rate commentary (slightly higher in fee). As I write the post, Monday, May 18, 2015 at 8:20 am, I’m quoting:
EDITORS NOTE: Rates quoted below are EXPIRED! For current mortgage rate quotes for our home in Washington state, please click here.
- 30 year fixed: 3.750% (apr 3.895%) priced with 1.156 points with a principal and interest (p&i) payment (taxes and insurance not included) of $1,852.46.
- 20 year fixed: 3.625% (apr 3.816%) priced with 1.047 points with p&i of $2,345.61.
- 15 year fixed: 3.000% (apr 3.252%) priced with 1.074 points with p&i of $2,762.33
Rates quoted above are based on a purchase in the greater Seattle – King County area with a sales price of $500,000, 20% down payment and a conventional loan amount of $400,000. The home buyers have excellent credit with credit scores of 740 or higher and the transaction is closing by June 25, 2015 or sooner.
Rates quoted are subject to credit approval and may change at any time. This is just a small sample of the mortgage rates and programs that I have available. If you would like me to provide you with a mortgage rate quote for your home purchase or refinance on your home located anywhere in Washington state, please click here.