I recently received permission from NAMB to post the Lending Integrity Seal of Approval which you may have noticed on the left side of my blog. This logo isn’t something that just anyone can post or promote, it must be approved by the National Association of Mortgage Brokers.
In order to display the Lending Integrity Seal of Approval, a broker or loan originator must:
- Pass a national criminal background check.
- Possess a state license or registration.
- Attend professional education, including ethics training.
- Live up to NAMB’s Code of Ethics and Professional Standards of Best Lending Practices.
- Pledge to abide by NAMB’s formal ethics grievance review process.
George Hanzimanolis, President of NAMB feels this seal will "soon become to the mortgage industry what the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval is to the makers of consumer products." George, by the way, is a heck of nice guy. My husband and I had the opportunity to meet and have have dinner with him last week when he was in town with my brother-in-law, John Porter.
For more information, click here.